Night Shift - Maintenance Mechanic
What We Do: SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com. This position is in Wilson, NC and the hours would be 7:00pm-7:00am rotating 4 days week one and 3 days week two.
What You’ll Do:
- Observe mechanical devices in operation, listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and may start devices to test their performance.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts and lubricates and cleans parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Sets up and operates late, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- This is a fast-paced environment with an 12 hour schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Mechanical Aptitude required
- Basic Math, Reading, Writing skills required
- Basic Computer skills required
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions required
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance required
- Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Ability to read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging)
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools is a plus
- Associates Degree from a college, university, or technical school; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.