- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product qualify, and efficient operations.
- Assist with line start-up and shutdown according to procedure.
- Assist with set-up styles, including necessary adjustments, by use of set-up sheets/guidelines
- Develop, monitor, and maintain input reports; check quality at start of shift and ensure qualify of all product throughout shift.
- Maintain a clean line, adhere to all plant safety, qualify, and attendance policies.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building, and dedication.
- Follow detailed procedures to operate moving machinery.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or employee referral.
- Ability to read simple instructions and memos.
- Basic computer knowledge for entering product data.
- Read and understand gauges and settings on required machinery.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; employees can work 12 hours shifts. The employee must be able to lift and/or move an average weight of 50 pounds at least 4 times in an hour. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employees will work in hot conditions with little ventilation for extended periods of time. Employees will occasionally be required to step or climb on elevated platforms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.