Wilson Chamber Response Update - 03/20/20
Update from Friday, March 20:
- In addition to the daily update email (sent Monday through Thursday), our Monday Morning Minutes email will be reserved for additional Chamber information, and public service announcements offered by our members and community organizations. If you have a social-service or charitable announcement to share, forward it to Asia Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Chamber staff continues to reach out to our members individually, offering support, but also gathering real-time data on local economic conditions. Our office hours have been adjusted to Monday - Thursday, 10:00am - 4:00pm. Visits are by appointment only.
- All Chamber events in March are cancelled or postponed. April events are still on as scheduled (including the Wilson Spring Expo presented by Greenlight Community Broadband on April 18), but subject to change.
- The US Small Business Administration is providing Economic Injury loans, information HERE . These are low-interest loans with flexible terms available to a wide array of for-profit and nonprofit organizations. You are encouraged to apply early. I would be grateful if any one of you would send me your experience with the loan program confidentially, that I can offer advice to others.
- Simultaneously, we're also focused on learning more about how to leverage influence on other economic relief (including unemployment benefits). If you have specific or unique needs that you want us to communicate to decision makers, please let me know. Email me at email@example.com, or call me on my cell at 252-341-5346