Wilson Chamber Response Update - 03/24/20
Wilson Chamber Response Update for Tuesday, March 24, 2020:
- Today is the #GreatAmericanTakeout initiative. If you are able, please purchase takeout from one of our great local restaurants, who need your support now more than ever. In addition to lists published by Historic Downtown Wilson and the Wilson Times, you can find member restaurants at https://www.wilsonncchamber.com/list/ql/restaurants-food-beverages-22.
- The Public Policy Series event, presented by the Action Group, scheduled for April 7 and featuring Andy Ellen from NCRMA has been POSTPONED. As soon as an alternate date is announced, I will let you know. For now, other events, including the Wilson Spring Expo presented by Greenlight Community Broadband remain as scheduled.
- Now is an excellent time to improve your business’ online presence. All of our business members have been granted an enhanced member profile at wilsonncchamber.com. There are tons of features, which include adding photos, video, and information capabilities. If you don’t have login credentials, or unsure if you do, email Tyler Mayes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that any news, jobs information, or updates will also be shared via the Chamber’s social media feeds. This is an easy and efficient way to get information out about your business.
- We continue to monitor negotiations of a federal stimulus bill, which has not yet been passed of this writing. We share in our members frustration for not having direct relief already issued, but we remain committed to sending you the details of the bill when and if it is finalized.
- Rep. Mark Walker will be hosting a virtual town hall tonight at 6:00pm to address small business concerns related to the coronavirus. Guest speakers include Thomas Stith, District Director, Small Business Administration (SBA) North Carolina District Office, Scott Daugherty, Executive Director, N.C. Small Business and Technology Center (NCSBTDC), and Julian Hardy, Federal Project Officer, U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). If you want to participate, dial 646-558-8656 and enter 486 837 540 for the Meeting ID.
- Alongside our peers at neighboring chambers of commerce, we are working on a similar call to be scheduled at the end of this week with the Small Business Administration to address issues critical and specific to our region.
Expect the next update on Wednesday, March 25.
Ryan W. Simons, President
Wilson Chamber of Commerce